The Student News Site of Lake Local Schools

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

The Blue Streaks Posing after a Stellar win
Who's Next at Bat?
April 26, 2024
Chance Casenhiser #0
Best Blue Streak Ever?
March 13, 2024
Anthony Miller (Senior) pinning opponent
Surging above Expectations
February 28, 2024

Best Blue Streak Ever?

Chance Casenhiser has dominated the court since his freshman year.
Chance Casenhiser #0

Chance Casenhiser has been dominating the Federal League ever since his freshman year. Casenhiser has been a key player for the Blue Streaks all four years that he’s been in high school. In the last few months Casenhiser has faced adversity, battling a broken foot injury before the season started. He missed some time, but since he’s been back Casenhiser has broken several Blue Streak milestones. He was able to reach 1,000 points in his high school career despite missing half his senior season. Casenhiser holds the record for the most points scored in a game, and recently he just broke the record for scoring the most points in Lake Blue Streak Basketball history.

“I started playing basketball at 2 years old and always had a huge passion and grit for the game. I got a mini hoop when I was little for my birthday, and that was the start of my love for the game.” said Casenhiser.

Casenhiser has been dedicated to the sport for practically his whole life, and his hard work and success is showing. He’s broken numerous Lake records regarding points over his high school career. He broke Lake Blue Streak’s single game point record with 45 points against Perry his Junior year. 

Casenheiser shows that it isn’t easy to be so successful, “During the offseason I lift three times a week and hoop around six to seven times a week. If I had to take a day off it would be a Sunday, but that’s a rare occasion for me. I’m always trying to get better and out work myself all the time.” 

Putting in the hours is the biggest thing for Casenhiser and the amount of sweat and blood that he puts into the sport has really paid off for him lately.

“After highschool I plan on going to college, but I don’t know where yet. I got a few colleges in mind both D1 and D2. In order to extend my basketball career there’s a good chance that I can go play overseas and work my way up the ladder over there.” Casenhiser stated.

Playing in college would be a huge accomplishment in Casenhiser’s life, but he’s not going to stop there. His determination and grit for the game will make him push himself to succeed no matter what or where he has to perform. His love and passion for the game is so strong that he will do whatever it takes to make it onto the next level.