The Student News Site of Lake Local Schools

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

The Blue Streaks Posing after a Stellar win
Who's Next at Bat?
April 26, 2024
Chance Casenhiser #0
Best Blue Streak Ever?
March 13, 2024
Anthony Miller (Senior) pinning opponent
Surging above Expectations
February 28, 2024

Senior Tessa Dutton Begins Senior Year on a High Note

Tessa Dutton has accomplished quite a bit through her four years at Lake, that did not stop her from trying to accomplish one last thing: becoming the starting goalie.
Lily Tompkins
Class of 2024 Girls Soccer Team pictured after a dominant win on senior night.

The class of 2024 Lake Blue Streak Soccer team is a very special group of girls who have faced adversity with stride. Most of these players have been playing for years together, except for one: starting goalie senior, Tessa Dutton. 

This is Dutton’s first time ever playing the sport, she had expectations heading into the season, but never imagined where she would be today.  She’s surpassing expectations and making her mark on the team and representing Lake Girls Soccer. 

Why play soccer? Tessa responded, “I wanted to try something new, and all my friends played. I figured I would give it a shot and see what happens.” 

Dutton’s ambition to play a new sport heading into senior year caught a lot of people’s attention. She’s currently ranked 17th all-time at Lake on saves for the season with 72.

Dutton’s expectations have succeeded this season. She explained her favorite part of the season is when they win a game and she gets to ring the victory bell in honor of Lake legend: Darren Dutton.

Emma Kracker said, “She brings the energy to the team.” Dutton has helped bring the team together on and off the field. 

Dutton hopes she’s a role model for lower classmen to try new activities in or outside of school. Her teammates supported her the whole way throughout the season. They made Dutton feel like she’s part of the family very soon entering the season final piece of advice Dutton would like to leave with underclassmen, “put yourself out there and try new things and never be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.”