The Student News Site of Lake Local Schools

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

The Blue Streaks Posing after a Stellar win
Who's Next at Bat?
April 26, 2024
Chance Casenhiser #0
Best Blue Streak Ever?
March 13, 2024
Anthony Miller (Senior) pinning opponent
Surging above Expectations
February 28, 2024

Lake Orchestra Takes on Disney

Lake orchestra students travel to Orlando Florida to perform Disney-themed pieces.
Lake Orchestra performs on October 7th 2023 at Disney Springs.

Students in the Lake Orchestra embarked on a Disney World trip from October 5th to the 10th.

Every 4 years, the Lake Orchestra goes to Orlando, Florida to play at Disney Springs. The trip to Orlando lasted 17 hours, and the students brought their instruments, garments, suitcases, and carry-ons. 

This trip allowed the students to play outside of their usual environment. In an interview with Mrs. Scott, she touches on the details of the trip. Mrs. Scott states that the first trip taken by the Lake Orchestra was in 2012 and will continue in the future. 

This year the orchestra had about 60 students performing at the Waterside Stage in Disney Springs. There were strict check-in times for the students with time for rides and fun, Mrs. Scott states, “The students are free to enjoy the parks with friends, always in a group, never alone. There are mandatory check-ins with chaperones throughout the day.” If it is raining at the parks the students will stay, rain or shine.

The songs the orchestra played in the limited time that they had consisted of Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Star Wars, The Mandalorian, and Day at Disney.

“Having a goofy time with my friends definitely made it a memorable trip,” Lake Orchestra Student Brooklynn Hobson highlighted her favorite part of the Disney trip.