The Student News Site of Lake Local Schools

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

Digital Newspaper

The Blue Streaks Posing after a Stellar win
Who's Next at Bat?
April 26, 2024
Chance Casenhiser #0
Best Blue Streak Ever?
March 13, 2024
Anthony Miller (Senior) pinning opponent
Surging above Expectations
February 28, 2024

Meet Lake’s Newest Counselor, Mrs. Gardner

Get an inside look at a recent Q and A to learn more about the newest counseling department member.
Mrs. Gardner takes a moment to smile for a photo in between her many duties.

At the beginning of the year, Lake High School’s counseling department gained a new member. Mrs. Gardner, who is responsible for students grades 11-12 and last names M-Z, is ecstatic to join the staff.

Mrs. Gardner does more than just look over the grades and schedules of students, she also has multiple other responsibilities and duties. Mrs. Gardner is responsible for CCP classes, PSAT, the Accuplacer, and PBIS teams, she is the care team lead, and she is also responsible for the counseling department newsletter.

Mrs. Gardner is not a stranger to the work of a counseling department. Before moving into her office at Lake, Mrs. Gardner worked at the Coventry School District. This will be her sixth year total as a counselor.

When asked about her journey to becoming a counselor, Mrs. Gardner said: “It was my stepson’s middle school counselor…[be]cause I was currently going into higher ed, [be]cause I worked at the University of Akron for five years… When I met her and how she was helping Austin [her son], that was what I wanted to do.”

Mrs. Gardner said her goal for her time here at Lake is to get in the classroom more. She is currently working on a presentation for the junior and senior classes in hopes of learning more about students. She wants to leave her mark on Lake by helping as many people as she can. When asked how she wanted to leave her mark, she said that she wanted to be remembered as someone helpful and who knew what she was doing.

Mrs. Gardner said she was brought to Lake by the resources and opportunities: “I liked the resources  this community has, everyone has something nice to say about Lake’s community.”

Fun Fast Facts about Mrs. Gardner

Mrs. Gardner has been married to her husband, whom she met when she was 18 for 22 years. She has a stepson who is 24 and about to be a father, making Mrs. Gardner a soon-to-be grandmother.

Mrs. Gardner met her husband at 18 and they have been married for 22 years. She has a stepson who is 24 with a baby on the way. She and her husband have two children, Grady who is a sophomore, and Griffin who is in 7th grade.

She has two dogs, a Cockapoo named Lulu, and a mini long-haired Dachshund named Bayleigh.

Mrs. Gardner likes listening to any type of music. She is currently watching football. Her favorite color is red.

Mrs. Gardner is a busy person, some of her favorite things to do outside of school include, reading (she just finished Last House Guest and loves to read anything off of Resse Witherspoon’s book club list). She loves to decorate her house, walk her dogs, and attend her kid’s sporting events. She also loves spending time with her family in the pool.

Check out the counseling department Newsletter located on the LHS Schoology page for more important information about Mrs. Gardner and the counseling department.